Tips for a Safe CommuteJuly 27, 2018 9:17 pm
Every day, millions of Americans commute to and from work. While some take public transportation or walk, the fact is that the vast majority of people commute to work in their personal vehicles. Commutes have become longer in recent years as cities have grown and traffic has become worse. Driving becomes routine, but that doesn’t mean it’s always safe. There are many potential hazards on work commutes if you don’t take the right preparation.
If you’re looking to avoid the commute struggle, you can hire a transportation service in Tacoma, WA. This is an ideal option for those with disabilities or who are unable to drive. For everyone else, let’s look at ways to stay safe on your commute:
- Eliminate distractions: This has become a major problem for commuters in recent years. Sure, when you’re in traffic it can be tempting to take out your phone to kill time, or if you receive an important call, you won’t want to miss it. But distracted driving is a highly dangerous behavior. At best, you’ll get a ticket, as distracted driving is against the law. At worst, you could be risking your life and the lives of others. Keep your focus on driving and not anything else.
- Drive defensively: Aggressive driving is never a smart idea. Trying to pass a slower-moving car when you might not have enough space or rushing to make a light turning from yellow to red are bad behaviors that safe drivers don’t engage in.
- Drive the speed limit: Especially when you drive a route regularly, it’s easy to let the speedometer inch up farther and farther. Keep an eye on the speedometer and ensure that you’re going the speed limit. Not only will you avoid expensive tickets, but you’ll be that much safer on your morning commute.
- Leave early: One of the main motivators behind aggressive driving and speeding is avoiding being late to work. You leave a bit late, but you figure you can make up for it on the road. This leads to dangerous driving. Better to leave early and give yourself plenty of time.
- Keep your vehicle in good condition: Making sure your car is good to go isn’t difficult, but it can be easy to forget about. Check the oil regularly, adjust the mirrors and refill the wiper fluid. Taking care of these basic tasks will mean your commute will go more smoothly.
When you need the best transportation service in Tacoma, WA, check out Around The Sound/TransPro. We’re Tacoma’s premier non-emergency transportation service. Over the years, we’ve built a reputation for providing safe and professional service to the residents and businesses of the region. Our service is safe and competitively priced to get you to your destination on time, every time.
As a family owned and operated business, we’re here for the long term and care about giving back to the community. Our team of highly skilled drivers understands how to properly operate our lift-equipped minibuses, vans and sedans. We’re here to transport everybody, including those with wheelchairs, crutches, walkers and service animals. Contact us today to receive a special offer and learn more.
Categorised in: Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer
Comments are closed here.