Around the Sound is Western Washington’s premier provider of local and regional transportation services for people who have special transportation needs.
Our experienced and compassionate drivers can help you have a great trip without the hassle of hailing a car, planned out in advance so you can make the most of your trip.
What kinds of trips can you reserve with Around the Sound?
Wedding and Special Event Shuttle Service
When you have guests coming from other parts of Washington State, other states, or other countries to your wedding, convention, reunion, or seminar, you don’t want them to be burdened with having to arrange their own transportation to and from Sea-Tac and to and from their hotels to your event.
Let Around the Sound provide the individualized attention your guests need to focus all of their attention and energy on your special event.
Door to Door Wheelchair Service
Taxis, Uber, and Lyft usually don’t accommodate passengers who travel in wheelchairs or scooters.
When they do, they pick you up and drop you off at the curb, and getting yourself into the passenger seat isn’t their problem
Around the Sound greets you at your door and drops you off at the door of your destination.
We can load your wheelchair or scooter safely and securely in our comfortable buses, and there will be plenty of room for the people and service animals who travel with you.
Please let us know about animal passengers at the time you are booking your ride.
Gurney Transportation, Too
With Around the Sound, you don’t have to travel in an ambulance just because you are confined to a gurney.
We can take you where you need to go. We can help with Medicaid, Medicare, and insurance claims, too.
Got COVID? We Got Your Ride
Around the Sound has developed comprehensive COVID cleaning and safety protocols for getting passengers to and from vaccination centers all over the state, and we may be able to help you get to and from your doctor appointments if you have an active infection.
Please be frank about your status and let us see how we can help.
Around the Sound Has Great Drivers and Comfortable Vehicles
At Around the Sound, we are proud of our licensed, well-trained, courteous, and experienced drivers. Our drivers are a great match for passengers who have special transportation needs.
We can think of seven reasons our drivers are some of the best in the business and our buses are very comfortable rides:
- Around the Sound doesn’t hire just any driver. Our bus operators are among the most experienced, dependable, and best-trained drivers in the business. Our drivers drive defensively to stop accidents before they happen. Around the Sound makes sure they renew all of their required certifications every year. We make sure they get continuing education every year on the latest and best ways to take care of passengers with special medical needs.
- Our drivers have experience accommodating passengers who have special medical needs. They can work with any necessary licensed and credentialed medical support people who take the trip with you. Should an emergency arise, you won’t have to call for help. With appropriate planning, help will already be on board with you.
- Need to travel with a wheelchair or a scooter, with oxygen concentrators, or even on a gurney? Our drivers can ensure every passenger has access to all needed medical equipment for every moment of the trip. Our drivers know what to do when alarm bells ring. Our drivers can assist passengers who have individual bathroom needs.
- When you travel with Around the Sound, you don’t have to worry about breakdowns. Maybe you have enough energy to drive your car, but what would you do if you had to change a tire? What would you do if your fuel pump or your transmission or your alternator went out? Around the Sound isn’t just particular about vehicle maintenance. Our dispatchers also monitor vehicle performance in real-time with telematic GPS. And in the very unlikely event something should go wrong with one of our vehicles, we have a fleet to back it up.
- You will have a lot more room riding with Around the Sound than you have in a private car from Uber or Lyft. You will even have more room than you would get by reserving a row of seats on an airplane. Around the Sound’s buses are big enough for you, your partner, your children, your friends, and sometimes even your pets. All of our passengers feel cared for—and they are! (Please mention pets and service animals when you are booking your trip.)
- When you travel with Around the Sound, you don’t have to worry about your own driving limitations. Maybe you can’t drive at night. Or you just aren’t inclined to drive in freezing weather. Our drivers have proven driving skills to assure you get to your destination in any kind of weather and in any kind of traffic.
- When you travel with Around the Sound, you get to set your own travel times. You are in charge of your schedule. Just leave the driving to us.
Ready to Make Your Reservation?
Around the Sound needs some very basic information to make your reservation. When you call, please have the following information ready.
- Pickup Address. Around the Sound can pick you up anywhere in western Washington, and get you back from any location where we drop you off. Don’t be hesitant to ask us what is possible!
- Destination. Around the Sound serves destinations not just in western Washington but even in surrounding states.
- Date of Trip. We’ll need to know when you’re going! Our fleet of 80 vehicles enables us to accommodate almost any schedule. Of course, we are better able to meet your special needs quickly and efficiently the more advance notice you give us.
- Time of Pickup. Our drivers take pride in providing safe and comfortable rides on time. We make allowances for expected weather and road conditions. Just let us know when. And if your plans change, let us know as soon as possible.
- Contact Email. Let us know how to contact you when there’s a problem with your phone, or you need us to contact a spouse or family member.
- Cell Phone Number. Let us know your cell phone number so we can contact you as needed and will recognize your call!
All set to go?
Call us at (253) 858-7088 to discuss your options or use our online service Reserve a Ride Now!