Hassles with parking and headaches caused by other drivers on the road often lead people across the globe to take rideshare services instead of driving themselves. But are rideshare services like Lyft and Uber all they’re cracked up to be? Continue reading to learn a few of the pros and cons of Uber in Tacoma, WA.
Cons of Uber
Rideshare services get quite a bit of negative press. Here are the concerns many of us have with taking an Uber in Tacoma, WA:
- Safety: Rider safety is one of the primary concerns surrounding rideshare services—not only when it comes to safe driving, but also regarding a passenger’s safety with a potentially dangerous driver. You can never really know if the person picking you up is a convicted criminal who’s up to no good. When you ride with Around the Sound, you can rest easy knowing that all of our drivers are honest and have passed background checks.
- Driver experience: Going along with the point above, pretty much anyone with a car can sign up to be a rideshare driver. You never know if your driver is trustworthy behind the wheel or if they’re prone to getting in accidents or receiving tickets. All of our drivers at Around the Sound have years of experience on the road, so you know you’ll get from point A to point B safely and quickly.
- Confirmation: Though it’s not too common, a rideshare driver can cancel on a passenger at any point. Getting the notification that your driver has canceled on you is a major hassle and can cause you to be late. That’s not an issue when you choose to ride with Around the Sound. Our drivers never cancel rides, and we even provide confirmation prior to pickup to ensure you’re ready to go.
Pros of Uber
It’s not all bad news when it comes to taking a rideshare service. The points below are some of the reasons millions of people use rideshare services every day:
- User-friendly apps: Rideshare services have eliminated the hassle of hailing a cab with their smartphone apps. All you need to do is open the app, enter your address and click confirm. In a matter of minutes, you should be on your way. (Keep in mind that Around the Sound passengers can also easily schedule rides online with just a few clicks!)
- Wait times: Unlike with traditional taxi companies, Uber drivers are always around and available to pick up a passenger. Typically, a rideshare driver can be on the scene in a matter of minutes to give a person a ride.
- Cost: The cost is one of the pros and cons of Uber in Tacoma, WA. At busy times of day—like during morning and evening commuting hours—surge prices make the fares incredibly expensive. However, when it’s not as busy, rideshare prices are typically lower than traditional cabs.
Instead of taking an Uber in Tacoma, WA, call our professional drivers at Around the Sound. We offer a variety of services from airport transportation to medical rides in our wheelchair-accessible vans.
Categorised in: Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer