There are many options to get where you need to go, and public transportation is one of the most eco-friendly and convenient methods available. The benefits of not having to drive can be nice, especially if it’s a longer trip or if there will be a lot of traffic on the road. Although you will have the pleasure of enjoying the journey, you still need to be prepared, and there are some items you’ll want to bring when traveling via public transportation in Tacoma, WA.
Public transportation item checklist
Here is a basic checklist and some public transportation tips:
- Hand sanitizer: Even in the days before COVID-19, it was a good idea to bring some hand sanitizer for your public transportation trip. Now, it’s essential. Even while public transportation operators are taking extra precautions to adhere to strict cleanliness standards, it’s still a good idea to bring your own sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
- Mask: You aren’t going to be able to go anywhere without a mask, and in many cases, you won’t be able to board public transportation, either. Make sure you’ve got at least one face mask with you for your trip.
- Entertainment: While our smartphones can provide seemingly unlimited entertainment, sometimes it’s nice to take a break from the screen. A book, magazine, small game or crossword puzzle can be just the thing for a relaxing trip.
- GPS or cell phone: If you need further directions when your trip is over, a smartphone with a map application or another GPS device will come in handy. It’s also a good idea to have a phone with you in case of delays or other changes in plans.
- Sunglasses: Sometimes the glare of the sun can be extra bright through the windows on public transportation. The drastic change in light levels from inside to outside can also feel extra bright on our eyes. Bring sunglasses on your trip to look outside without any sting on your eyes (and to look cool while doing it).
- Water: Nutritionists and health magazines all say we should be drinking more water. It’s a good idea to carry a bottle of water, or a refillable container of water, on public transportation to make sure you stay hydrated. You might find the circulated air on public transportation makes you more parched than normal, so don’t skip this item in your packing list.
- Snacks: Everyone gets hungry sometimes, and sometimes when our blood sugar gets low there’s a short fuse that can go with it. That’s called being “hangry,” and it’s not fun for you or any unsuspecting fellow passengers who might accidentally trigger an outburst. Bring a snack, like a granola bar or piece of fruit, to stave off this unpredictable mood change.
Once you’ve got all the items to bring when traveling via public transportation gathered together and you’re ready for your trip, it’s time to schedule your ride. For more public transportation tips or to book your trip in Tacoma, WA, contact Around The Sound today.
Categorised in: Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer