It’s the moment every driver dreads. You’re running errands, commuting to work or taking a road trip, and the car breaks down. What should you do? Clearly your plans for the day have changed. What’s the best next step? Your safety should be the top priority. To stay safe when your car breaks down, use the following tips from your transportation service in Tacoma, WA:
- Preliminary check: Don’t hit the road before properly checking your car. If you’re planning a trip, have your car checked out beforehand. Be sure to check the battery, starter and electrical systems. Change the oil if this is due soon. Have the tires inspected and ensure they are at the proper pressure and have a healthy amount of tread. Don’t forget to check lights, fluids and windshield wipers.
- Periodic checks: Even if you’re not headed across the country, check your car for proper safety. Perform periodic checks of your systems to keep things running smoothly. This can help prevent on-the-road breakdowns.
- Safety equipment: Stock your vehicle with the proper emergency equipment. Have these on hand whether you’re driving to the next state or to the neighborhood grocery store. If you’re broken down on the road, use safety flares and warning triangles to keep other drivers far from you and your vehicle. Put these in place only if you can do so safely. Always use the emergency hazards on your vehicle. Keep a bright colored handkerchief or scarf in the vehicle to tie to the door or antenna to indicate you are in trouble.
- Use the manual: If dash indicator lights are illuminated, check the vehicle manual to determine what could be the cause of the malfunction. Decide if the issue is something you can easily repair, if you need assistance or if you need a tow.
- Stay put: It’s best to stay in your vehicle until help arrives. If you are on a busy road or highway, remain in your car. Standing on the side of the road can be very dangerous.
- Note your location: What exit name or number are you near? Are there any other landmarks nearby? Get an idea of your approximate location so you can provide this information when you call for assistance.
- Call for backup: Be sure your cell phone contacts include emergency numbers and the information for your local transportation service in Tacoma, WA. Keep these numbers in your glove compartment as well, as a backup. Your transportation service in Tacoma, WA can help you safely get where you need to go while your car is being repaired.
If you’re ever stranded, don’t hesitate to contact your local transportation service in Tacoma, WA. The professionals at Around The Sound/TransPro are ready to assist you. Whether you need a ride to work or a rescue on the highway, we are here to help. We offer a full range of transportation options for nearly every occasion. Contact us today to make arrangements for your next ride.
Categorised in: Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer