When placing a reservation for non-emergency medical transportation in Tacoma, WA, especially when you’re doing so for the first time, it’s nice to have an idea of what the process will be like. When traveling with limited mobility or a wheelchair, there is nothing worse than a surprise situation that impacts the events on the day of your journey. It’s important to take everything into consideration before finalizing the details.
To give you an idea of how the process works before you start placing a reservation, consider the following steps:
- Find a provider: The first and most important step is finding a provider that fits your needs. Non-emergency medical transportation often involves many details, so make sure to ask any question that comes to mind. Based on how well the company is able to answer your questions, you should be able to get a feel for how well they are able to provide the service.
- Make a reservation: Once you have a provider picked out, it’s time to lock down the service. Here you will pick a date and time, while passing along any other notes or details involved with the trip. Make sure everything is established up front in order to assure the transportation runs as smooth as possible on the day of the trip.
- Receive a trip confirmation: It’s important to make sure you receive a trip confirmation after placing your reservation. Even though you spoke to someone over the phone or in person, receiving a confirmation receipt for your request should be a key part of the process. This makes it clear that your reservation has been placed in their system and provides you with documentation to show your driver when they arrive for pick up.
- Driver arrives and helps guide user to vehicle: The day has arrived, and your driver has shown up. They will be prepared to handle any special requests you may have had and guide you on the best way to board the vehicle.
- Quality of securement: Along with helping you board, the driver will double check the securement of any mobility device that may be joining you. This could be anything from a wheelchair to a scooter. Sometimes expensive equipment will join guests, and it’s important to make sure these items are properly secured.
- Arrive at appointment and be led to correct facility: You got there! At this point, the driver will assist you out of the vehicle and escort you to your final destination. The goal of the driver here is to make sure there aren’t any hiccups between the drop-off point and the eventual location you needed to get to.
- Scheduling return trip: Getting back should be established at the time of reservation. This may be later that day or a couple days in the future. If you are unsure of when you need return transport, talk this over with the company to determine the best way to remain in
- Returning home: The best part is the return home. You should expect the same type of care you received at pickup, with all needs taken into account.
When looking for non-emergency medical transportation in Tacoma, WA, the above steps are the perfect place to start. Around the Sound/TransPro makes sure everything is taken into account when placing a reservation. Call us today to secure transportation to your next appointment.
Categorised in: Medical Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer