Understanding the Cost of NEMT: What Are You Really Paying For?December 21, 2016 12:08 am
If your disability or health condition is preventing you from being able to use traditional forms of transportation, non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) may be your best option. NEMT is a transportation solution for those who are not in an emergency situation, but who still need more transportation assistance than your everyday bus or taxi service can provide.
NEMT sounds like the perfect solution for getting around, until you see the cost. The cost for being transported for an NEMT trip can seem really high, and you may be wondering where all that money is going. Where some other medical transportation service in Tacoma, WA may try to avoid giving you a straight answer, we’re happy to let our customers know exactly what they’re getting in return for the cost of NEMT:
- Insurance: Every medical transportation service in Tacoma, WA is required by law to have insurance. Insurance not only protects our business and our employees, but it also works to protect you as our passenger. Should an accident occur, the insurance coverage we have in place will cover any injuries or property damage you may sustain.
- Vehicle maintenance and servicing: Even the most careful and skilled driver cannot provide a safe and comfortable ride if the vehicle he’s operating is in need of repair or maintenance. That’s why we check our vehicles daily and stay up to date on all our vehicle maintenance and servicing. We want to ensure that all our transport vehicles are safe and comfortable.
- Customer service: We have a reputation for excellent customer service, but above average service comes at an above average price. In order to provide a superior level of customer service, we do need to have a customer service representative on staff to answer your calls, help you schedule appointments and relay any special instructions or needs to our dispatchers and drivers.
- Dispatcher: The dispatcher works to ensure that everything for your trip goes smoothly. From pickup to the return trip, the dispatcher is there every step of the way, checking in with you and the driver for updates and to make sure everything is going according to plan.
- Drivers: Our drivers must receive special training in order to not only meet legal and liability requirements, but also to meet our superior standards for our drivers. Our drivers must complete over 160 hours of training before they are certified and allowed to join our team.
- Billing and accounting: Our billing and accounting team is an integral part of our business, and they are here to help you, too. They can work with you, as well as with aide programs and insurance providers, to ensure that correct parties are billed and that you receive our services at as little cost to you as possible.
No matter who you hire for your medical transportation service in Tacoma, WA, you’ll find that there is likely a high cost involved. But only Around the Sound/TransPro is offering you a superior level of service for the same price. Get in touch with us today to schedule service or learn more about what we can offer you.
Categorised in: Medical Transportation Service
This post was written by Writer
Comments are closed here.