2019 Winter Events in TacomaOctober 2, 2019 7:41 pm
A lot of people think of summer as the best time of year for activities and recreation, but there are plenty of things to do during the winter months as well. From festivals and music performances to food workshops and races, you can find lots of 2019 winter events in Tacoma.
Check out a few of the most exciting area events that you can look forward to this winter:
- 2019 Winter Is Coming Race: Get your blood pumping and brave the cold with the 2019 Winter Is Coming Race on December 21. This virtual race allows runners to participate from anywhere and receive a medal for their accomplishment. A portion of the proceeds from registration will go to Stand Up for Kids, a nonprofit organization that’s committed to ending homelessness for youth and children.
- South Sound Winter Beer Festival: Beer festivals aren’t just for summer anymore! You can enjoy some delicious local brews and great food at the South Sound Winter Beer Festival at the Washington State Fair Events Center. This event will take place on November 9, and admission starts at just $5.
- Pop Culture Pop-Up: Winter in Wonderland: If you love pop culture and you want to find gifts for everyone on your holiday shopping list, check out the Winter in Wonderland Pop-Up at the Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center. This event will take place on November 30, and features products from a variety of local businesses, artists and artisans.
- Gingerbread House Contest: You can get into the holiday spirit and contribute to a great cause by participating in the Gingerbread House Contest at the Slavonian American Benevolent Society. Proceeds from contest entries will be used to help people in the community who are experiencing homelessness.
- Dance Team Winter Showcase: The Pacific Lutheran University Dance Team will showcase dances produced, choreographed and performed by students. This event will take place on December 7 at the Karen Hille Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Attendees will be able to see a wide variety of dance performances in an array of genres and styles.
- Charcuterie Board Workshop: Charcuterie boards are perfect for entertaining, especially at holiday parties. At this workshop on November 5, you can enjoy delicious food while learning how to create a charcuterie board that will impress all of your party guests. This workshop is located at the Stink Cheese and Wine Bar in Tacoma.
Tacoma winter events in 2019
No matter where your winter plans take you in the coming months, you want to feel confident that you can get from point A to point B safely and efficiently. When you choose Around the Sound for your transportation needs, you can sit back and relax while we take you exactly where you need to go. We offer a variety of services, including medical, cruise terminal, event and airport transportation. Our family owned and operated business has been proud to serve the community for 20, years and we continue to offer premier transportation services. Give us a call today to find out more and make a reservation.
Categorised in: Event Transportation
This post was written by Writer
Comments are closed here.