Around the Sound/TransPro is committed to quality assurance with our Training Program. We recognize the Americans with Disabilities Act and its’ implementation guidelines. Our training center is currently certified with the National Safety Council (NSC) and is an approved Washington State Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) Training Organization. Our program is in full compliance with the developed standards and criteria of all our contracts and complies with the provisions set forth in other applicable federal, state, and local regulations. We offer all classes to the public for a fee. For any questions, please contact the Safety and Training Manager at (253) 476-8726 ext. 243.
The following classes are available in our training center:
- NSC Basic First Aid/Adult CPR/AED Certification
- NSC Defensive Driving Course 8/6 – Instructor Lead
- DOT/FTA Drug and Alcohol Training
- National Traffic Safety Institute’s Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Passenger Techniques and Safety which includes:
- Passenger Relations Skills/Disability Awareness/Developing Sensitivity
- Characteristics and Securement of Mobility Aids
- Service Animal Information
- Emergency Evacuation
- Fire Suppression using the P.A.S.S. Method
- Customer Service for the Transit Industry
- Driver training: Our drivers receive the highest levels of training, to ensure they’re up for the task of being transportation professionals. From road knowledge and geographical proficiency, to training involving passenger care and emergency situations, we provide every depth of training to assure our customers of safety.
- Client loading training: For those with mobility issues, you can have peace of mind that our drivers are trained to assist you to the fullest. From handling mobility equipment and properly loading it into our vans, to assisting you into the vehicle in a cautious and complementary way, you can expect nothing short of the best.
- Client unload training: When it comes time to unload, we take the same great care as we do when loading. Every precaution is assumed and we place special emphasis on helping our passengers get back on solid ground safely.