Transportation Jobs in Seattle, Wa
Around the Sound Transportation is currently seeking safe and reliable drivers to join their team of professionals. Selected candidates will serve as a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Driver for transporting COVID patients, delivering COVID vaccines, and other services contracted by the company. All shifts are available—days, evenings, nights, weekends, part-time, and full time. ATS offers incentive pay of $25 per hour and more for transporting COVID patients.
As an ATS NEMT driver, you will take groups to vaccination facilities. You will drive COVID-positive patients to and from their doctor’s appointments. You will also provide medical transportation for people who do not have COVID. ATS drivers are paid different rates for transporting different kinds of patients and are also paid for waiting time.
ATS has been providing transportation for patients with COVID for four months. Five ATS NEMT drivers have provided vital transportation services for more than 400 COVID-positive passengers, without any of them catching the virus and without transmitting it to their families, other passengers, or other ATS employees. We have a complete training program on the use of PPE that has proven 100 percent successful at providing comfortable, clean, reliable, and safe transportation services to all our passengers.
As an ATS NEMT driver, your first responsibility will be to operate a commercial passenger vehicle, in a professional, punctual, safe, and dependable manner while you are assisting passengers to their assigned destinations. You may be assigned to drive a lift-equipped van or minibus, a shuttle, or a sedan.
To meet the performance standards for this job, you must satisfactorily perform each essential function:
- Assist passengers when boarding and leaving vehicles, including the ability to maneuver a passenger in a wheelchair over a 6-inch curb and up wheelchair ramps.
- Operate wheelchair lifts when needed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with dispatch staff.
- Maintain professional, courteous, and friendly relations with passengers who have different personality types and who may be experiencing anxiety or physical pain.
- Communicate with the supervisor about access issues and other operational concerns, including safety and maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s).
- Report accidents and incidents immediately to the dispatch office, calling for police assistance or ambulance service as needed. Assist injured persons from onboard first-aid kit until emergency medical service workers arrive.
- Maintain passenger records with the driver table.
- Maintain pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection reports.
- Keep the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance.
- Utilize assigned mapping and GPS tools to follow expeditious and safe routes for timely, incident-free arrival.
- Adhere to all ATS policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with required training.
Required Experience and Education
- High school graduation or GED
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum 3 years of paid, commercial driving experience
- Valid Washington State commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Clean driving record for last year years
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass drug test
- Pass company training program
Additional Requirements for ATS NEMT Drivers
- 100-percent compliance with rules for wearing PPE (personal protective equipment, including mask, gown, and gloves, as required)
- Excellent work and/or school attendance record
- Able to assist in moving patients into a stretcher
- Able to move a wheelchair and passenger weighing 300 pounds over a 6-inch curb and up a wheelchair ramp
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods, but also capable of walking, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, twisting, reaching, and lifting to 50 pounds
- Able to operate smartphone and tablet
- Good knowledge of local routes and how to use GPS mapping tools
- Able to work independently
- Able to work a flexible schedule with overtime as needed
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work independently when transporting patients
- Able to maintain good driving records
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
ATS offers incentive pay of $25 per hour and more for transporting COVID patients. Driving time for other contracts pays $16 an hour when on the road, and $14 an hour for waiting, except for an unpaid lunch break.
ATS NEMT drivers receive sick leave and vacation pay, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits.
Be prepared to submit your driving transcript with your job application.